Don’t get stranded. A dead battery is no surprise in the heat. But, you don’t want to be stuck. Call Dugger’s Emergency Road Service. 1-877-823-9696
A DEAD BATTERY?
Dead Battery? Could be. There is an excessive heat advisory in effect for southern Arizona. Phoenix hit 114º today and Tucson, AZ is 111º today.
Take precautions if traveling outside or on the road today. Excessive heat can lead to mechanical failure on your vehicle. Most common heat induced problems are the following:
- Dead Battery – a dead battery that needs a jump start or a new car battery installed.
- Flat Tire – Extreme heat effects tire pressure and could result in a flat tire from additional flexibility in worn tires.
- Coolant leak or coolant failure – you may need to get your vehicle to a service center. A coolant problem could result in engine damage and lead to a call for a tow truck to an automotive repair facility.
Dugger’s Emergency Road Services will help you escape the Phoenix and Tucson heat if you get stranded. Our qualified technicians come to you and help address the issue on the spot. New automotive battery installs, flat tire change, emergency fuel delivery and windshield chip repair.
The FIRST THING to act up when it heats up is your BATTERY!
If you have an old battery that isn’t holding its charge, one good heat spell could leave you stranded. If that happens call Dugger’s Road Service.
Dead Battery? Tired Battery? Wanting to get more life out of that new battery replacement we just installed? Let’s face, it all starts with the car battery. Proper battery maintenance is important for two reasons:
Your car won’t start or run without a battery. So, it’s slightly crucial. A quality battery installment is the key to the long life of your auto electrical system. Your alternator has to make up for it, when If your battery isn’t working efficiently. Electrical components can add wear as well.
Batteries are very sensitive to changes in the southwest weather. High temperatures really affect automotive battery performance. A car battery inspection is an important part of your seasonal checkups. Next time you check your oil (hopefully every other time you fill up), look over your battery. See if it is:
- Clean of residue? A dirty battery will drain more quickly.
- Clean of corrosion at the terminals where the battery cables attach to the battery? Corrosion interferes with how electricity passes back and forth through the car battery.
- Check the cables. Make sure they are tight.
- Corrosion can actually eat through the battery cables. Are the cables corroded?
Your battery will also last longer if you keep your fuel system and ignition system clean. It’s all part of your commitment to regular maintenance, to keep your vehicle running on for a longer period of time. If you are stranded or stuck because of a dead battery Call Dugger’s.